Tuesday 28 January 2014

The 54 day rosary

I have never heard of a 54 day rosary/novena before. I was surprised no one ever told me of this. I'm now on the 21st day of it. I know my dear Mother will bless me with the blessings that I actually need. And I know, no matter how hard I try, certain requests are better not answered lest it might do harm. Or I may not be ready for it. Im actually confused here. If something is bad for me, then if I ask her Son, won't he turn it into something good? Ah well...maybe I have to be content with God's way. He has His own ways, and no one has the authority to question Him. Do they?

You can find a PDF for this novena here. I don't know, after beginning to recite the Holy Rosary over the past 2 years, it has given me confidence and increased my faith in her and Him. To be frank, I dreaded reciting the rosary when I was a kid. But somehow, because of all the pains this life has to give, I feel attached to it now. Flippancy, boredom  and the frequent lustful thoughts were common to be when I started praying. But now, it doesn't overwhelm me often. But I must say..it is still difficult.
I asked Mary to tech me to pray more fervently. And so I can suggest one or two ways to recite it.

Method 1
Imagine you are kneeling before the Mother. Believe she is in front of you. You cant risk reciting the rosary without care and devotion. Cry unto her. She will listen.

No prayer is wasted through her. You may not get what you want, but rest assured she will gladly pass it her dear Son, which is more than what we can ask. For we all are sinners. We really don't deserve anything. Do we? And yet, He keeps us alive. He loves us.

Method 2
Well this might not apply to all. Its for those who use English as a second language besides their native one. Recite the Lords Prayer, Hail Marys and Holy Marys in your own language through your lips while at the same time translate it to English in your mind. This is quiet hard. But it keeps you focused. Remember to understand the meaning instead of just translating.


No comments:

Post a Comment