Friday 17 January 2014

Love from above



Here am I testifying a small miracle that took place. Well, believe if you will.
It was my cousin’s wedding recently. I was given a a golden bracelet to put on him. Ok...so, I find him and he was busy like hell. C’mon it’s his wedding day, what do I expect? I asked for his arm to put the bracelet. He extends his arms, then says that I can put it later on him. I happily stash it in my pockets. Safe and secure. Right? WRONG.
The next time I took it out, I was shocked to see the hook (clasp) missing. I was frantic. Where the hell did it go? The whole thing is supposed to be in my pocket–intact. So how could only the hook go?  Strange. And so, I retraced my steps hoping to find a  small shimmer somewhere. I couldn’t. I failed. What am I gonna say? How can I be so careless?
And so when the question was asked as to if I knew whether the hook was there  along with  the bracelet when it  was given to me. I happily said I dint have a clue. In reality…I lied…for fear of damnation. Worse…while in church.
I then asked for forgiveness and requested to God and to St. Jude to make me find it. I went back, searched the place where I took it out first. Could not find it. Lost hope. Gave up.
Late in the night while I was at my home, they rang saying the hook was found.
Now why do I feel God loves me soo much while I don’t really deserve it? He has always been like this to me. I sin, sin like hell. Asks for forgiveness. He forgives without a word. Only to sin again. He forgives again.
What kind of love is this? Is this what they mean by “unconditional love”?
Yesterday, I had a new roommate join me. Unfortunately, he can’t speak. Im like wondering why God made him like this. Here am I, completely healthy. Never really, had any financial crisis. And yet keeps sinning. There are many others, who are suffering from lots of diseases, and various crisis. They are the ones who actually need a miracle. Why does He love me? Am I to be the river, where He is the source? Can I ever be the river?


No comments:

Post a Comment