Saturday 15 November 2014

I say Thank You

I'm an introvert trying not to be shy in front of people. I often see myself not saying the right thing at the right time and that too when I open my mouth it's gibberish. This breaks down my confidence so much. I keep quiet...forced to. I have lost various opportunities because of this. 

But hey I don't rue that much. I see myself slowly changing, which is good.

To talk face-to-face with the mother and family of  Susan would be the last thing I ever imagined. If it was 3 years ago...I would faint by the very thought of it (lol just joking). But yes my heart would be racing like Formula One. I would stammer and stumble. I would make a fool out of myself in front of them. There would be fear.

But not today. I have changed. I not only talked with them, I was quiet comfortable with them. In fact I wanted to talk more. But given the situation...I must not overdo it. I had the spunk to say them directly that I'm not well with people or have that many "people skills".
I don't know what they think of me. Can I look after and love their girl.

The point is...many had taught me (and still is) patiently to love myself and not to be scared of talking. It's to them I owe a big thanks. I know I'm hard to "train".lol. Their hard work is paying off I guess. Its slow...but still in progress.

As for winning Susan, I remain hopeful. I have reached this far by nothing but by prayer. And pray I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment