Saturday 7 November 2009

Are you are the boss of your own thoughts?

What happens when something you dont want to remember/think crawls into your mind?Ignore it?Well at least for me, i either write about it to someone, talk about it to someone or just as usuall force myself not to think about it.Just yesterday itself I wrote about "some" thing which i dont like to think  to a friend, or take last week when I talked about it to some one else.It defenitely helped me in certain ways. 1st it helped me to realise that someone is always there to listen and help me out. 2ndly it hepled me to gain the trust with the other person.Thirdly, it helps to get rid of theses unwanted thoughts and desires from your mind.So as time goes, you basically forget the fact that you actually were thinking like that.Problem solved.But this simple strategy may not work for someone,who may be so obsessed with their "not needed" thoughts.Such kind of people may need a therapy or medical help.
The reason why Im writing this is because today a read an article about this whole issue, but in a more scientific way.Its interesting as well. Go here .
I especially liked the last bit, where it explians how to solve this problem.

"The answer: don't try so hard to control your thoughts! Instead, see if you can't get your secret preoccupation out in the open. Find a confidante to whom you can confess the idea—or perhaps write about it."

Iam grateful for my two friends for listening to me.Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment