Friday 4 April 2014

The Letter M

I have been talking about Marian devotion lately. Don't know why. Maybe it's cos of that unquenchable desire to be pure. Maybe it's cos she is my dear mother. Talking about she being a mother, I recently saw a Korean movie "The Wedding Dress". And one thing I can tell you is that I was left crying like a baby.
Why is that a mother's love is so powerful. I just can't fathom why. Maybe I shouldn't, maybe I can't.
It's kinda weird that there there are so many languages in this world....but we all, more or less, address our mother with like terms..like Mom, Mommy, Ma, Umma, and my language , as Amma. Which is why I think the letter M is so overflowing with motherly love.

"The sweetest sounds to mortals given, 
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven."
 - William Goldsmith Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment