Thursday 16 May 2013

Copy Editor


Hi all! I couldn’t blog for some time cos I was caught in the daily running of my life. I often thought to blog, but just couldn’t.
One reason for my absence is because I got hired as a trainee copyeditor by a private firm. It’s not that I like scouring for mistakes in other people’s work. But, it will give me a chance to look and enter into their thoughts, their perspective and hopefully their way of putting words into something meaningful. Besides, I love writing. So, it may help me in some way or other.
Entering into this profession makes me wonder how complex and vast the English Language is. Being a non-native myself, it intrigues me and at the same time confuses me a bit. 
To kneel down and worship grammar is not my goal. To rote learn all the rules and exception is close to impossible.
So here I am...entering into the world of words!!
Wish me good luck J


No comments:

Post a Comment